Office of Research and Economic Development
Tiffany Lee, October 20, 2022
ORED selects 2022-23 Research Development Fellows Program cohort
Eleven University of Nebraska-Lincoln faculty members have been selected to participate in the 15th cohort of the Office of Research and Economic Development’s Research Development Fellows Program.
The fellows, selected through a competitive application process, represent eight departments spanning three colleges and the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources. They are:
- Jessica Deters, mechanical and materials engineering
- Pierce Ekstrom, political science
- Mohammad Hasan, electrical and computer engineering
- Xiaoqi Liu, Durham School of Architectural Engineering and Construction
- Gwendŵr Meredith, School of Natural Resources
- Ciara Ousley, special education and communication disorders
- Logan Perry, civil and environmental engineering
- Jeffrey Price, food science and technology
- Milad Roohi, Durham School of Architectural Engineering and Construction
- Jamilla Teixeira, civil and environmental engineering
- Jeffrey Westrop, School of Natural Resources
RDFP is an eight-month program designed to provide full-time Nebraska faculty at the assistant-level rank the information and resources necessary to position themselves for success in securing external funding for their research, scholarship and creative activity. Fellows graduate from the program with an intentional plan for pursuing external funding and strategies that prepare them to write winning proposals. More than 250 fellows from across all university colleges have completed the program to date.
This year’s program launched in late October and wraps in early May 2023. Applications for the 2023-24 cohort will be solicited in fall 2023. Visit the Research Development Fellows Program website for more details or contact Tisha Gilreath Mullen, director of proposal development, 402-472-2894.
Office of Research and Economic Development research development fellows program Research News