The Office of
We guide the University of Nebraska-Lincoln community in obtaining and managing financial resources to enhance research, creative and scholarly activities. We provide pre-award and post-award services throughout the award life cycle. The director of sponsored programs serves as the institutional official for submitting, negotiating and accepting awards on behalf of the Board of Regents.
OSP is the coordination point for all university grants, contracts, proposals and awards. OSP personnel sign off on grant applications and negotiate contracts and grants with a wide variety of sponsors. Once an award has been made, OSP provides comprehensive service in award administration and regulatory compliance.
- A-21 Cost Principles
- Section J: General Provisions for Selected Items of Cost(.xls)
- A-110 Administrative Requirements
- A-133 Audit Requirements
General Guidelines for Federal Sponsor Awards
National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
Society of Research Administrators (SRA)
E-Verify Process for Federal Contracts
Electronic Administration Links
Grants.Gov is the federal government's primary initiative in electronic research administration. Most agencies that currently use ERA software require investigators to register through their home institutions. At UNL, please contact your Sponsored Programs grants coordinator.
Training and Development
Sponsored Programs staff members also hold regular meetings with department liaisons to discuss new information, address current issues and provide policy updates. Contact Donna Geviss to have your name added to the Liaison list.
After the Award
- Provide financial management for awards
- Assist with other aspects of award management
- Assist with reporting and closeout
- Coordinate audits
Prior to Award
- Serve as a liaison with external agencies
- Provide campus clearance and proposal transmittals
- Conduct negotiations
- Review and accept awards
- Maintain official university records on current proposal submissions and grants/contracts awarded
- Provide reports of proposal submissions and grant/contract award activity