Research development involves capacity building and catalytic activities that enhance faculty success and increase institutional competitiveness.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), the research development group within the Office of Research and Economic Development provides services and programs to:
- help faculty and staff prepare competitive proposals for external funding;
- advance the broader, societal impacts of research, scholarship and creative activity; and
- increase external recognition for the excellence and impact of faculty work.
Click below to learn more about and access research development services at Nebraska:
UNL’s research development group organizes professional learning programs to position faculty for success and compete for specific funding opportunities. Current offerings include:
- NSF CAREER Club: Supports faculty applying to the NSF CAREER program
- InterFACE – Faculty Academy for Competitive Excellence: Supports faculty applying to NIH funding programs
- Research Development Fellows Program: Positions early career faculty for research success
- Research Leaders Program: Develops research leaders among UNL’s faculty
- Research Impacts Training: Helps faculty design research impact plans and develop strategies for such plans. Two tracks are available: Research Impacts 101 and Developing Your Impact Identity.
- NU 2 Foundations: Help position UNL faculty and staff for private foundation funding success.
Tisha Gilreath Mullen