VCR Cost Share Policy
To support proposals for external funding, the Vice Chancellor for Research (VCR) will consider requests for cost share (matching funds) required by the funding agency or sponsor.
- Cost share by the VCR will be considered for proposals carrying full Facilities and Administrative costs (F&A).
- The VCR will cover up to one-third of the remaining cash portion (after net adjustment for any cost share from non-UNL sources) of cost share required by the funding agency or sponsor, as stated in the RFP.
- The principal investigator (PI) must secure two-thirds of the cash portion of the required cost share specified in the RFP, as well as any in-kind cost share (this is typically funded by the PI’s department/center and college). In the case of multiple PIs from different departments and colleges, the relevant units must agree on how the cost-share will be divided. Non-UNL funding sources for required cost share are encouraged, but will not be included in calculating the VCR’s one-third share.
- Requests for cost-share from the VCR should be made at least one week prior to the proposal deadline. The request form is available in Microsoft Word and .pdf format below.
- The cost-share request must be approved prior to submitting the proposal, and attached to the proposal routing form.
- Voluntary cost-share (cost-share that is not required by the RFP) will not be considered by the VCR except in rare circumstances.
- Voluntary cost-share by departments and colleges generally is not the best use of university resources and is strongly discouraged.
August 15, 2002; rev. 7/23/2006