Proposal & pre-proposal routing requirements
The NUgrant routing form provides a clear and concise overview of all the administrative and general budget requirements of each sponsored proposal. It also provides for appropriate approvals that ensure acknowledgement and acceptance of compliance requirements and cost sharing commitments.
OSP expects a fully completed and approved NUgrant routing form prior to the proposal submission deadline of an external sponsor, regardless of type of submission (paper, email, online, etc.). This expectation is for proposals requesting new funding, as well as any pre-proposal that requires the inclusion of a detailed budget and/or cost share commitments of any kind.
For all submissions, please provide:
- Detailed submission instructions, including email address for email submissions
- Sponsor funding announcement
- Adequate time for OSP review of proposal, final budget & budget justification, and any other submission documents (at least 2-4 business days preferred). Early completion of proposal routing and documents can help avoid last minute surprises.
For paper submissions, also provide:
- Mailing address (no PO Boxes for overnight delivery)
- Extra time for preparation of mailing package
- Original and all copies required to send to sponsor