Today at the Research Fair: Thursday, Nov. 8
November 6, 2018
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln fall Research Fair concludes today with five events, including three aimed at helping Husker faculty successfully pursue National Institutes of Health Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer funding, known as SBIR/STTR. The fair wraps up with the first-ever Faculty Science Slam, where Nebraska faculty will present short, engaging talks about their research and creative activity.
What’s happening Thursday
- Sequencing Workshop, 8:30 a.m.-3:10 p.m., Cather Dining Complex, Red Cloud Rooms B and C. Registration is closed. Contact Lisa Vonfeldt, administrative coordinator in the Center for Biotechnology, with questions.
- One-on-one consultations, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Nebraska Innovation Campus. These meetings, for faculty interested in pursuing NIH SBIR/STTR funding, are by appointment only. Contact Ryan Anderson, director of industry relations, or Suzanne Spiehs, administrative coordinator, for more information.
- SBIR/STTR Panel: U.S. Department of Agriculture Program Officer Perspectives and Resources for Nebraska Applicants and Awardees, 10-11:15 a.m., NIC Conference Center, banquet hall
- SBIR/STTR Success Stories: Nebraska Company Awardees and their UNL Faculty Partners, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., NIC Conference Center, banquet hall
- Faculty Connector and Science Slam: Research and Creative Activity, 4-6 p.m., Wick Alumni Center
- Visit the Research Fair website for the full schedule of events.
- Read the summary of Research Fair events scheduled for Nov. 6-8.
The Office of Research and Economic Development hosts the Research Fair in cooperation with campus partners. Events are free and open to faculty, staff and students, although some require registration. Participants are encouraged to use the #ResearchFair hashtag on social media or tag @UNLresearch on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for the chance to be featured.