Posted January 4, 2024 by Dan Moser
NUtech Ventures is sponsoring a webinar on how to build a network to help propel innovative ideas.
“How to Build Your Idea Network” is scheduled from 11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. Jan. 18. It’s open to all UNL faculty, staff and students. Registration is required. The Zoom link will be sent to registrants the morning of the event.
Networks can help innovators support and propel their ideas. The webinar will cover understanding stakeholder roles; mapping stakeholder universes; identifying problem and solution spaces; systematically assessing one’s networks and mapping them onto the stakeholder universe; and identifying gaps in idea networks.
The webinar is part of NUtech Ventures’ 2024 Pathways to Impact series. The series is designed to help researchers think about impact beyond the laboratory and publications, and to help them adopt an entrepreneurial approach to their work. Unlike the I-Corps programs, the Pathways series does not require participants to have a specific technology commercialization idea in mind.
The program will:
- Provide participants with a new framework to view their research goals.
- Expose participants to the entrepreneurial mindset and how it can help guide their research and career.
- Inspire researchers to explore – through outside stakeholders and their own community – how their research and discoveries might be implemented for societal impact.
- Provide a set of tools to shape participants’ research objectives to be more use-inspired and impactful.
- Reduce psychological barriers and conceptual misunderstandings about innovation that prevent people from seeing themselves as inventors, innovators and entrepreneurs.
For more information, contact Joy Eakin, entrepreneurship program manager.