Posted June 3, 2022 by Ashley Washburn
UNL research personnel now have access to a library of online training programs focused on diversity, equity and inclusion topics that affect human subjects research.
The online training programs are offered through the CITI program, the organization that sets standards for research, ethics, compliance and safety training. Information about registering for CITI courses and accessing UNL’s course catalog is available on the Research Compliances Services website.
More than 50 webinars are available on a range of topics, including:
- Promoting equity and diversity in clinical research.
- Exploring the concept of race in clinical research and addressing ethical and regulatory questions.
- Considerations for respecting gender and sexual minorities participating in human subjects research.
- Considerations for respecting the indigenous perspective when planning, conducting and reviewing research with American Indian and Alaska Native communities.
- Differences in visa types that pertain to international students in the U.S. and how they affect work, volunteer and research arrangements.
- Updated Title IX regulations.
These training opportunities are supported by the Office of Research and Economic Development.