Posted October 2, 2023 by Nick Kumpula
University of Nebraska–Lincoln faculty, staff and students are invited to Nebraska Research Days on Nov. 6-10, hosted by the Office of Research and Economic Development and in cooperation with campus partners to celebrate and showcase research, scholarly and creative activity.
A mix of in-person and virtual events will be offered, with videos and multimedia throughout the week. Events are open to faculty, staff and students, and most require registration.
Bookmark the Research Days website for the latest agenda and registration links. Some details are still forthcoming and will be posted online and via the @UNLresearch social media channels as they become available.
- Nov. 6, 4 p.m.-6 p.m., Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center: The Innovators Celebration event, which recognizes Nebraska researchers developing and commercializing cutting-edge technology, is hosted by NUtech Ventures, the university’s technology commercialization affiliate.
- Nov. 7, 11 a.m.-noon, The Mill at Nebraska Innovation Campus: Dana Fritz, Hixson-Lied Professor in the School of Art, Art History and Design, will discuss her new book, “Field Guide to a Hybrid Landscape,” an exploration of the Bessey Ranger District and the Nebraska National Forest at Halsey before the 2022 wildfires.
- Nov. 8, 4 p.m.-6 p.m., Wick Alumni Center: Faculty Research and Creative Activity Slam. This event features scholars from a range of disciplines presenting their work in an interactive, engaging manner. To be considered to present at the Slam, submit a video application by Oct. 5. Slam attendees will vote on the best presenter, who will receive a $1,000 prize for their research and creative endeavors.
- Nov. 9, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Zoom: Shannon Bartelt-Hunt, Donald R. Voelte Jr. and Nancy A. Keegan Chair of Engineering and professor of civil and environmental engineering, will present the Nebraska Lecture, “Our Water, Our Health.” The lecture will be presented virtually with a live Q&A session to follow. Registration is required to receive the Zoom link.
- Nov. 10, 10 a.m.-11 a.m., Zoom: The annual Faculty Recognition Celebration will celebrate the Nebraska Research community’s accomplishments during fiscal year 2023. This annual event features remarks from Bob Wilhelm, vice chancellor for research and economic development, a prize drawing and featured faculty videos. Registration is required to receive the Zoom link and to be eligible for prizes. More details about the Faculty Recognition Celebration are coming soon.
- Information will soon be available about a University Libraries-hosted event.
For more information about Nebraska Research Days, contact Lisa Maupin, events and outreach manager.