Today’s UNL Research Fair activities kick off at 8 a.m. with the faculty recognition breakfast, a celebration of faculty accomplishments from the past year. Following breakfast, faculty are encouraged to attend Proposal Review Panels: How You Can Serve and What You Can Learn at 9 a.m., led by UNL faculty with experience serving on federal review panels. Concurrent sessions focus on defense-related research, and National Science Foundation and National Institute of Mental Health research funding and priorities.
- Defense-Related Research Opportunities at UNL at 10:30 a.m. in the Nebraska Union includes presentations from Kurt Preston, associate vice chancellor for research, and retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Robert Hinson, University of Nebraska National Strategic Research Institute.
- NSF events also begin at 10:30 a.m. in Mabel Lee Hall with “Recent NSF-EHR Developments and Funding Opportunities,” a Skype presentation by Barry Sloane, Education and Human Resources Directorate.
- The National Institute of Mental Health is the focus of “Finding Your Way at NIMH: Funding Opportunities and Peer Review Process” at 10:30 a.m., presented by Christopher Sarampote, Office of Training and Career Development, and Aileen Schulte, Extramural Review Branch. The session is at the Center for Brain, Biology and Behavior. Enter through the stadium’s southeast entrance facing Avery Hall.
- An 11:45 a.m. NSF working lunch at the Wick Alumni Center includes a presentation on conducting NSF-funded research by Tyrone Mitchell, Division of Chemistry. Registration is required.
- At 1:30 p.m. in the Wick Alumni Center, Defense Research Symposium: Growing UNL’s Defense Research Portfolio features presentations on basic and applied research opportunities from national experts Bruce LaMattina, Rutgers University; Ed Tovar, InTechSys LLC; and Wallace Buchholz and Christopher Stoik, UNL.
- “Recent NSF-Biological Sciences Developments and Funding Opportunities” is presented by Michele McGuirl, Division of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, via Skype at 1:30 p.m. in the Beadle Center.
Visit the event website to view the full schedule and registration forms. The fall Research Fair continues Thursday. View daily event photos on Facebook and use the hashtag #UNLRF to join the discussion on Twitter.