Posted March 31, 2023 by Tiffany Lee
Faculty, staff and administrators from Nebraska colleges and universities are invited to attend an April 12 webinar focused on Nebraska Business Innovation Act programs. These funding mechanisms are aimed at bolstering Nebraska’s economy by supporting innovative startups and small companies in the state.
The Nebraska Department of Economic Development administers the BIA programs, which help pay for research and development collaborations with Nebraska colleges and universities, match federal Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer awards, and help fund the prototyping and commercialization of new products.
Ben Kuspa, business innovation manager at DED, is the presenter. Participants will learn about:
- BIA grant and funding programs.
- the Nebraska Academic Research and Development Program.
- SBIR/STTR matching programs.
- program changes for 2024.
- program eligibility, funding allowances, and application and review processes.
- NU Connections and connecting with people and resources at the four University of Nebraska campuses.
The program will include a Q&A session.
For more information, contact Ryan Anderson, director of Industry Relations, 402-472-4069.