Posted April 28, 2022 by Alyssa Amen
Registration is open for NUtech Ventures’ summer Startup Workshop, a training and networking opportunity designed to help participants think through a range of topics related to starting a company.
The workshop is July 19 and July 21 at the Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center, 2021 Transformation Drive. It is open to faculty, staff, postdocs and students. Participants are required to attend both days. Registration is available via the NUtech Ventures website.
Topics include idea validation, entity formation and funding a startup. Founders also will share the personal aspects of the startup journey, including lessons learned and mistakes made. Guest speakers will share how they’ve leveraged business accelerator programs and other structured support networks.
Participants will have opportunities to create a quick pitch or presentation about their ideas, plus develop networks within the local entrepreneurship support ecosystem.
Startup Workshop panelists include:
- Vishal Singh, CEO and founder of Quantified Ag, now part of Merck Animal Health.
- Carrick Detweiler, CEO of Drone Amplified and Susan J. Rosowski Professor, School of Computing at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Karthika Perumal, partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP.
- Kate Engel, NIC director of strategic partnerships and communication.
- Ben Williamson, principal and general counsel, Invest Nebraska.
- Guest speakers from the Weibling Entrepreneurship Clinic, University of Nebraska College of Law.