New form required for material transfer agreements

News for Researchers

Posted May 10, 2017 by Tiffany Lee

Starting June 1, the Office of Sponsored Programs is requiring that all researchers submitting Material Transfer Agreements complete a request form that designates the type of materials that are incoming to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

The form provides university staff with knowledge of the incoming materials and ensures proper compliance approvals are in place. This expedites the processing of MTAs, which govern the transfer of tangible research materials between two organizations.

Researchers can download the form from OSP’s forms and templates webpage, under the heading UNL Forms. At this time, the form is not part of the NUgrant process. Investigators may submit the form prior to submitting the actual MTA agreement.

OSP designed the form to gather the minimum information necessary to streamline the MTA approval process. The only signature required is that of the researcher who will use the incoming research materials. Investigators may send completed forms to OSP will then forward the information to the appropriate compliance teams. Upon their approval, OSP will process the MTA.

In implementing this form, Nebraska joins many of its Big Ten peers in requiring information prior to approving an MTA.

For more information, contact Jeanne Wicks, director of sponsored programs, 402-472-1825.

Back to News for Researchers