Dan Moser, October 29, 2021
Morrill Hall to celebrate birthday Nov. 4 with free admission, activities
Free admission, selfies with Archie, planetarium shows and a scavenger hunt are just some of the activities planned at the University of Nebraska State Museum’s 150th birthday party on Nov. 4. The museum is continuing its birthday year celebration as part of the university’s Nebraska Research Days.
Events are planned at Morrill Hall from 2-5 p.m. Admission is free during those hours for all UNL faculty, staff and their families and the public. Cookies and other refreshments will be served.
Activities will include:
- A road trip through time scavenger hunt, with prize winners announced at the top of the hour from 3-5 p.m.
- Selfies with Archie. Share your shots on social media to be entered in a drawing for free admission and museum store and birthday party discounts.
- Reopening of the Mueller Planetarium, which has been closed since the start of the pandemic, with family-friendly shows (ages 3 and up) at 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- The newest exhibit: “Hidden Prairie: Exploring Life in One Square Meter,” which opened October 16. The exhibit allows visitors to explore the biodiversity that exists on the prairies throughout all four seasons.
- Visible Lab “Meet a Scientist,” which will allow guests towatch the preparation of scientific specimens and ask questions about why research collections matter.