Posted November 7, 2017 by Ashley Washburn
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s fall Research Fair continues today with four events, starting with the Faculty Recognition Breakfast from 8-9:30 a.m. at the Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center.
James Rea of the Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science will provide strategies for communicating research in clear and engaging ways during “A Science Communication Workshop: Designing a Vivid Message,” 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the NIC Conference Center.
The Research Services and Core Facility Expo is 3-5 p.m. at the NIC Conference Center. Attendees will interact with staff from more than 40 core facilities and research-related service offices to learn how to leverage these resources.
Comic book artist Bob Hall will sign copies of his educational graphic novel, “Carnival of Contagion,” from 5-7 p.m. on the second floor of Love Library South. The book, published by the University of Nebraska Press, focuses on the dangers of measles. Nebraska researchers Judy Diamond and John West contributed to the plot.
Research Fair is open to all Nebraska faculty, staff and students, though registration is required for some events. Participants are encouraged to use the #ResearchFair hashtag on social media and tag @UNLresearch. This biannual event is sponsored by the Office of Research and Economic Development in cooperation with campus partners.
- Visit the Research Fair website to view the complete schedule and register for events.
- Read the summary of Research Fair events scheduled for Nov. 6-10.
What’s happening Wednesday
- Common Rule training, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Nebraska Union, Georgian Suite
- “Building Professional Relationships for Success,” a discussion geared toward postdocs and grad students, 9:30-11:00 a.m., Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center, Unity Room
- Postdoc Awards Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Gaughan Center, Unity Room
- Winning Federal Defense Research Grants luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Nebraska Union, Heritage Room
- Science Slam: Postdoc Edition, 1-2:30 p.m., Nebraska Union Auditorium
- Postdoc Research Poster Session, 3-4 p.m., Gaughan Center, Ubuntu Room
- Nebraska Lecture featuring Matthew Waite, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Nebraska Union Auditorium
- Faculty Connector, 5:30-7 p.m., The Mill Coffee & Bistro at Nebraska Innovation Campus