Feature events include Nebraska Lecture, defense funding luncheon
November 8, 2017
- Research Compliance Services is providing Common Rule training in the Nebraska Union’s Georgian Suite from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Faculty and staff will learn about upcoming changes to the federal regulations on human subjects research.
- Joanne Kamens is presenting “Building Professional Relationships for Success,” a talk geared toward postdocs and graduate students, from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center, Unity Room.
- Kamens also will give the keynote speech, “A Call to Action: Taking Steps to a Fulfilling Career in Science,” at the Postdoc Awards Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., in the Gaughan Center, Unity Room.
- The Winning Federal Defense Research Awards luncheon, focused on best practices for pursuing Department of Defense funding, is 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Nebraska Union’s Heritage Room. Registration is required. Faculty also will learn how to become involved in the university’s new Growing University Activity for Research and Defense initiative, or NGUARD.
- The Science Slam: Postdoc Edition is 1-2:30 p.m. in the Nebraska Union Auditorium. Selected postdocs will have five minutes to describe their work in an accessible, entertaining way.
- The Postdoc Research Poster Session is 3-4 p.m. in the Gaughan Center, Ubuntu Room.
- The Nebraska Lecture featuring drone journalism expert Matthew Waite is 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the Nebraska Union Auditorium. A reception will follow in the Nebraska Union’s Heritage Room. A live webcast also is available.
- A Faculty Connector event, featuring readings by Nebraska faculty Jennine Capó Crucet and Grace Bauer, is 5:30-7 p.m. at The Mill Coffee & Bistro at Nebraska Innovation Campus. Registration is required.
Research Fair is open to all Nebraska faculty, staff and students, though registration is required for some events. Participants are encouraged to use the #ResearchFair hashtag on social media and tag @UNLresearch. This biannual event is sponsored by the Office of Research and Economic Development in cooperation with campus partners.
- Visit the Research Fair website to view the complete schedule and register for events.
- Read the summary of Research Fair events scheduled for Nov. 6-10.
What’s happening Thursday
- “Evidence-based Entrepreneurship: The Origin Story of the NSF I-Corps,” presented by Errol Arkilic, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., NIC Conference Center
- NUtech Ventures’ 2017 Innovator Celebration, 4-6 p.m., NIC Conference Center