General Regulations Training
Any employee or student handling, caring for or using animals in research and teaching at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln must complete the General Regulation Training (GRT). This training covers all context of animal use and must be completed every five years. Two options are available:
- The GRT is offered online through Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) as a self-paced, web-based tutorial. All 9 modules within this course must be completed.
- Register if you are a new user| Already Registered? Click the Login Button
- Set up profile and affiliate with UNL
- “University of Nebraska – Lincoln” courses.
- “Investigators, Staff and Students, Basic Course” is the required GRT course.
- GRT sessions are conducted by the IACP staff at the beginning of each semester. Contact the IACP office (402-472-4486) for dates, times, and locations.
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
Any employee or student involved in animal research must enroll in the Occupational Health and Safety program or have written consent to opt out of participation.
Occupational Health and Safety form
Facility-Specific Orientation and Training
Please check with your designated animal housing facility manager for any additional orientations or facility access requirements.
Optional Learning Opportunities
UNL faculty members are encouraged to explore additional optional training programs offered by:
AALAS (contact IACP office for assistance)
CITI (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
Additional training materials available for checkout at IACP office