Undergraduate Poster Session
Undergraduate Poster Session
Nebraska Union — Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Students do not have to be in UCARE to present; all undergraduates are welcome.
Deadline for registration: 3:00 PM Friday, March 21, 2014.
Students registered before this deadline will be included in the booklet.
- UCARE students: Register to present a poster or attend the poster session.
- Everyone else: Register if you’re an undergraduate and you want to present a poster; otherwise you’re welcome to attend without registering.
Space is limited for poster presentations; preference will be given to juniors and seniors. You will be notified on Tuesday, March 25, whether your poster has been accepted for presentation.
Communications regarding the conference will take place via the email address you provide when you register. The emails will go to a large number of participants so be prepared to check your “junk” or “bulk” mail boxes.
Schedule for April 16
10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Exhibits are open. Plan to be with your poster during this time or for at least 1 hour of it.
Preparing for the event
Posters should be based on research or creative activity you’ve engaged in significantly during the past year. Standards of the entries are expected to be at the level that is common at regional and national discipline meetings. Discuss these expectations with your faculty mentor.
Questions regarding your specific poster should be addressed to your faculty sponsor. Direct any other questions to the UCARE Office at email@example.com.
Poster guidelines and tips
See Poster Guidelines and Templates for tips and details on preparing your poster.
Printing: Print your poster at the Instructional Design Center in Henzlik Hall. The cost is $3 per square foot and the maximum width of the printer is 40″. A 40″ x 48″ poster will cost approximately $40; laminating is an extra $1 per square foot. Posters should not be mounted on poster board or foam core.
Displaying: After you register, UCARE will contact you about how to display your poster. If you need any special accommodations for your poster presentation, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 28. Special requests made the day of the conference may not be honored.
- Printed posters will be displayed on boards that fit a maximum poster size of 40″ by 48″.
- A limited number of flat screen TVs (40″) will be available to display e-posters.
Day of the event
Wear business casual: a nice pair of slacks or khakis and a button down shirt or blouse. Plan to dress a step up from jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers.
Be at your assigned space during the designated time to discuss the work presented. If you cannot remain the entire time, we will take your poster down and you may pick it up in the UCARE Office in Seaton Hall. You are responsible for making arrangements should they be necessary.
Greet people who walk by and ask them if they have questions.
- People will often come to you and say, “Tell me about your research in 1 minute,” so have a brief statement about your research in mind.
- You can also have a handout of supplemental materials or a reduced version of your poster on 8.5″ x 11″ paper.