To apply to participate in the Research Development Fellows Program (RDFP), please prepare the following materials:
1) A document (no more than two pages) that:
- Summarizes your vision for your research, scholarship, or creative activity.
- Provides a list of potential funders you intend to target for support.
- Describes your level of readiness to participate in RDFP (e.g., information about relevant preliminary data, roles on prior grant-funded projects, other prior work, publications, etc.). Note that selection priority will be given to faculty who have not previously received independent funding.
- Describes how RDFP will help you achieve your research vision.
2) Your full curriculum vitae or resume.
Once your application materials are prepared, please complete the online application form. You must upload and submit your application materials as a single PDF file to complete the application submission process.
Applications to participate in the 2022-2023 RDFP must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, September 23, 2022.
Several criteria are used to select faculty invited to participate in RDFP, including:
- The applicant’s ability to articulate a vision that will provide the basis for a program of research, scholarship, or creative activity that aligns with institutional goals and federal agency priorities.
- The readiness of the applicant for RDFP, as evidenced by the applicant’s body of work and the extent to which it dovetails with their vision. Relevant factors may include prior work, demonstrations of proof-of-concept, preliminary data, peer-reviewed publications, prior grant seeking or getting experience, and access to research development supports at the department, center, or college/division levels. Selection priority will be given to faculty who have not previously received independent funding.
- The applicant’s ability to articulate how RDFP will help them achieve their vision.
The applicant notification process will be completed in early October. Fellows are expected to attend all program activities, which occur roughly once per month from October to May.