To apply to participate in the Research Development Fellows Program (RDFP), please prepare the following materials:
1) A two-page document that:
- summarizes your five- to 10-year research vision and the component projects your research vision comprises, including a list of potential funders you intend to target for support (one-page maximum);
- outlines the project you would like to develop for external funding during the RDFP (suggested length: one-half page); and
- describes your level of readiness to pursue external funding for the RDFP project you propose, including information about relevant preliminary data, prior work, and publications (suggested length: one-half page).
2) A biographical sketch, resume, or abbreviated curriculum vitae (two-page maximum).
Once your application materials are prepared, please complete the online application form. You must upload and submit your application materials as a single PDF file to complete the application submission process.
Applications to participate in the 2018-2019 RDFP must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. CDT on Tuesday, October 2, 2018.
Several criteria are used to select faculty invited to participate in the RDFP, including:
- The applicant’s ability to articulate a long-term research vision and a series of projects that, taken together, provide the basis for a program of research that aligns with institutional goals and federal agency priorities.
- The readiness of the project to be proposed for external support. The work should dovetail with and build on the applicant’s body of work as evidenced by relevant prior work or demonstration of proof-of-concept, preliminary data, or peer-reviewed publications.
- The applicant’s prior grant seeking experience and access to research development supports at the department, center, or college/division levels. Selection priority will be given to faculty who have not previously received independent funding as the principal investigator of an external grant.
The applicant notification process will be completed by the end of October. Fellows are expected to attend all program activities.