New overtime rules and postdoc salaries
After much speculation about what the new federal overtime rules mean to higher education, especially to research projects that employ postdocs, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Final Overtime Rule provides some answers.
Beginning Dec. 1, postdoctoral researchers who fall under the minimum base salary threshold of $913 a week ($47,476 for a full-year worker) and are not exempted from the threshold, will change to hourly pay status and be eligible for overtime payments. Timesheets will be required.
Principal investigators are encouraged to review current projects and future proposals for any impact this change might have.
More details are available in a fact sheet for Higher Education provided by the Department of Labor.
For more information contact Jeanne Wicks, director of sponsored programs, 402-472-1825.
- New overtime rules and postdoc salaries
- Hello world!
- Pathways to Interdisciplinary Research Centers Program
- Minority health-related research
- Biomedical Research Seed Grants
- Arts and Humanities Research Enhancement Fund
- Book marks 75th anniversary for University of Nebraska Press
- Sharing diverse ideas key to research success
- Morin stretching materials work
E-mail this story
Print this story
Share this story
Back to home