Internet research ethics focus of presentationUNL faculty, staff and students are invited to a presentation about the ethical challenges of conducting research using the Internet and other digital technologies at 11:45 a.m. Feb. 27 in the Nebraska Union Heritage Room.
Elizabeth Buchanan, endowed chair and director of the Center for Applied Ethics at the University of Wisconsin-Stout, will present “Ethical Challenges and Opportunities in Human Subjects Research Using Mobile and Online Technologies.” An internet research ethics expert, Buchanan will discuss online privacy and confidentiality, participant consent and data integrity.
During her UNL visit, Buchanan also will meet with UNL’s Institutional Review Board to discuss how technological and regulatory developments are influencing human subjects review processes, participate in small group discussions, meet with faculty and tour research facilities.
Lunch will be served at this presentation, which runs from 11:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Please register to attend.
- We’re not slowing down on our ambitious goals
- Write Winning Grants seminar March 21
- Register for NEH grants, fellowships workshop
- ORED launches Biomedical Research Seed Grants
- Revision Awards program enhancements
- Internet research ethics focus of presentation
- NUtech director outlines priorities
E-mail this story
Print this story
Share this story
Back to home