Before You Apply …
- Write a one-page description of a current or potential research project that may be suitable for a competitive grant, including an overview of preliminary studies or data if available.
- Identify a potential sponsor and funding opportunity you wish to target, if known (e.g., NSF Career; NIH R03, etc.).
- Prepare a biographical sketch in NSF or NIH format or create a two-page CV.
- Identify up to three senior faculty members as possible mentors for you during the fellowship period. It is not necessary to contact the individuals you propose as mentors at the time of application. The RDFP staff will assist you in the mentor selection process.
Complete the online application form.
Upload these file attachments as Word documents:
- one-page description of your research project
- A biosketch in the format the agencies primarily targeted by UNL investigators (e.g., NIH, NSF, USDA).
All applications must be received by September 28, 2012.
Applicant selection and notification will be completed by October 28, 2011. If selected, you must agree to attend all program activities. For a complete schedule of program activities and events, see the Program calendar.