NURAMP Workshop Series
Here are the topics, dates and times for the Spring 2014 NURAMP workshop series.
1) Introduction to Research Resources at UNL, Tues., March 25, 1-2 p.m. (also online). Introduction to research resources provided by the Office of Research and Economic Development; policies and regulations governing sponsored research at UNL.
2) Preparing and Submitting Proposals, Wed., April 2, 9-11 a.m. Types of proposals and specific UNL procedures to consider when preparing a proposal; how to route a proposal through NUgrant and what to expect during the OSP review process.
3) Budget Preparation and Development, Tues., April 8, 1-4 p.m. Creating effective proposal budgets and budget justifications; understanding specific budget categories and allowability of costs; review of principles of cost sharing and subcontracting.
4) Research Responsibility, Tues., April 22, 9-10:30 a.m. (also online). Overview of responsibilities for animal protection, human subjects protection, conflict of interest, responsible conduct of research and research misconduct.
5) Administering the Award, Tues., May 6, 9-11:30 a.m. (also online). Procedures for setting up accounts, managing subcontracts, documenting allowable costs, making post-award changes, closing an award and participating in an audit.
1) Data Management Plans, Thurs., April 10, 1:30-2:30 p.m. (also online). Preparing data management plans to conform with granting agencies’ policies on disseminating, preserving and sharing research results.
2) PARs and Effort Reporting, Wed., April 16, 1-3 p.m. UNL’s effort reporting. UNL’s effort reporting requirements; the PAR form; how to report faculty effort and handle changes in effort.
3) Managing Contracts, Thurs., May 1, 1-2:30 p.m. (also online). Considerations in applying for and managing contracts; special pre-award circumstances.
4) Export Control, Thurs., May 1, 2:30-3:30 p.m. (also online). Introduction to UNL’s export control policy and how export controls may apply to your research; procedures for creating a technology control plan, if needed.
5) Electronic Submission Systems, Wed., May 14, 1-4 p.m. Using electronic submission systems to find, prepare and submit electronic grant applications. Choose one or both sessions:
1-2:30 – Grants.gov; 2:30-4 – NSF FastLane