The spring NURAMP workshops series begins March 5 and runs through April 4. All sessions take place in room 201 in the Alexander West Building at 14th & Q. Registrants will be notified if session locations change. Workshops are described below. To register, click here.
1) Introduction to Research Resources at UNL, Tues., March 5, 1-2 p.m.
Introduction to NURAMP and research resources provided by the Office of Research and Economic Development.
2) Preparing and Submitting Proposals, Tues., March 12, 1-3 p.m.
Types of proposals and specific university procedures to consider when preparing a proposal; how to route a proposal through NUgrant and what to expect during the OSP review process.
3) Budget Preparation and Development, Tues., March 19, 1-4 p.m.
Creating effective proposal budgets and budget justifications; understanding specific budget categories and allowability of costs; review of principles of cost sharing and subcontracting.
4) Research Responsibility, Tues., March 26, 1-3 p.m.
Overview of the responsibilities that accompany the conduct of research, including UNL processes and procedures that ensure compliance with federal, state and university rules & regulations.
5) Administering the Award, Tues., April 2, 1-3:30 p.m.
Procedures for setting up accounts, managing subcontracts, documenting allowable costs, making post-award changes, closing an award, and participating in an audit.
1) PARs and Effort Reporting, Thurs., March 14, 1-3 p.m.
UNL’s effort reporting requirements; the PAR form; reporting faculty effort and handling changes in effort.
2) Export Control, Thurs., March 21, 1-2 p.m.
Introduction to UNL’s export control policy and how export controls may apply to your research; procedures for creating a technology control plan, if needed.
3) Managing Contracts, Thurs., March 28, 1-2:30 p.m.
Special considerations in applying for and managing contracts.
4) Electronic Submission Systems, Thurs., April 4, 1-4 p.m.
Using a variety of electronic submission systems, such as Grants.gov, FastLane, or Commons, to find, prepare and submit an electronic grant application.
NUgrant Help Sessions
To register for NUgrant help sessions on proposal routing or filing IRB protocols, click here.