Graduate Recognition Award Nominations
Before you begin
See Folsom and Graduate Studies Awards for deadlines, guidelines, and additional information.
Make sure you have the following:
- Your letter of nomination in plain text format, ready to be pasted into this form.
- An email address for the person you are nominating.
- If nominating for Dean's Award for Excellence in Graduate Education: The name and email address of a graduate faculty member, a peer of the nominee, who agrees to compose and submit a letter of support before the deadline for supporting materials.
Valid email addresses are essential because submitting this form triggers an automated message to the nominee (and faculty peer if applicable), providing a unique link for completion of nomination materials.
Complete all nominations by 3:00 PM on Friday, March 30, 2018.
Graduate Recognition Award Nomination
What happens next
Supporting materials are required. As soon as this nomination form is submitted, the system sends email to the nominee (and the faculty peer, if applicable) with instructions and a customized link enabling submission of the required materials. These materials are collected as plain text (plus an optional supplemental PDF for images); no videos, binders, or other materials will be accepted.
- Curriculum vitae: Two-page CV including descriptions of research and creative activities.
- Summary of research or creative activity: One-page summary of research or creative activity accomplished as a graduate student at UNL, in non-specialist language. Optional: You may supplement this description with images in a PDF; email your PDF to Caroline Knuth.
- Curriculum vitae: Two-page vitae including descriptions of any creative teaching materials developed, exceptional instructional responsibilities, or innovative instructional techniques used.
- Statement of teaching philosophy: One page.
- Summary of teaching evaluations: One-page summary of teaching evaluations from at least two courses or labs (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Letter of support from a graduate faculty peer: Max. 1 page. Include a 'signature' with name, title, and department.
- Mentoring statement: Statement describing the nominee's goals, methods, and accomplishments in mentoring graduate students, 1-2 pages.
- Curriculum vitae: The nominee's current CV, 1-2 pages.
A nomination is incomplete until all required materials have been received by Graduate Studies. When making selections, the awards committee will consider only those nominations which are completed before the deadline.