Graduate Recognition Award Nominations
Before you begin
Please complete all nominations by 3:00 PM, Thursday, February 25, 2016.
See Folsom and Graduate Studies Awards for deadlines, guidelines, and additional information.
Make sure you have the following:
- Your letter of nomination in plain text format, ready to be pasted into this form.
- An email address for the person you are nominating.
- If nominating for Dean's Award for Excellence in Graduate Education: The name and email address of a graduate faculty member, a peer of the nominee, who agrees to compose and submit a letter of support before the deadline for supporting materials.
Valid email addresses are essential because submitting this form triggers an automated message to the nominee (and faculty peer if applicable), providing a unique link for completion of nomination materials.
Graduate Recognition Award Nomination
What happens next
Supporting materials are required. As soon as a nomination form is submitted, the system sends email to the nominee (and the graduate faculty peer, if applicable) with instructions and a customized link enabling submission of the required materials. These materials are collected as plain text; no videos, binders, or other materials will be accepted.
- From the nominee: Current curriculum vitae
- From the nominee: One- to two-page statement describing the nominee's goals, methods, and accomplishments in mentoring graduate students
- From the graduate faculty peer: One-page letter of support
- One-page summary of research activity/project in non-specialist language, emphasizing the timeliness, significance, and uniqueness of the project/activity
- Two-page vitae including descriptions of recent research and creative activities
- One-page summary of teaching evaluations from at least two courses or labs (both quantitative and qualitative)
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy
- Two-page vitae including descriptions of any creative teaching materials developed, exceptional instructional responsibilities, or innovative instructional techniques used
A nomination is incomplete until all required materials have been received by Graduate Studies. When making selections, the awards committee will consider only those nominations which are completed before the deadline.